[arch-general] systemd pulseaudio

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Aug 30 16:55:42 EDT 2012

Has archlinux got firmware packages for Linux yet?  If so, it could be
one of those packages after an install and reboot may cause that card to
 get recognized.  You might as root try dmesg | grep -i "audio" and see
what else may be showing up.  I wouldn't take pulseaudio off of the
system entirely unless it enabled your sound system be it esd or alsa to
actually recognize that card and talk to it.  As root you might try
pulseaudio --kill and then try doing things with aplay and other
multimedia packages.  If those suddenly start working, then you need to
get rid of pulseaudio and keep it off of your system in the future.