[arch-general] systemd.mount not authorized

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Aug 31 12:24:22 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 18:12 +0200, Arno Gaboury wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I boot with systemd and startx.
>
> I can't open my USB disk with thunar (XFCE4 file manager) and get this
> message:
> Not autorized to perform operation.
>
> I understand as a simple user I can not mount it.
> How can I solve this issue? I couldn't find any clear answer.
>
> Thank you

[spinymouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi thunar
Name           : thunar
Version        : 1.4.0-2
Optional Deps  : polkit-gnome: for mounting internal partitions (needs
root password)

FWIW, I can mount using Thunar, but each time I run gparted I'm asked
for every single partition, if I wish to mount it, so I have many times
to click cancel.

Regards,
Ralf