[arch-general] libsystemd to systemd

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Aug 31 12:58:02 EDT 2012

On Aug 31, 2012 6:32 PM, "Kevin Chadwick" <ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Isn't it more likely that dbus and GDM are broken and it should be
> started last anyway, there's no magic.

Sounds like a dbus bug. That said, with systemd's socket activation, this
bug (if it is a bug,i never heard of it before), and many like it, would no
longer be a problem.

> > You probably use the inittab method

[...]

> Will this be an issue for him if he switches to full systemd as it has
> removed inittab

Yes, inittab is ignored. It would be trivial to add support for it via a
generator, but I don't know of any reason to. We never really used inittab
in Arch.

systemd's unit files are essentially a generalisation of inittab, so
mimicking it is straight forward.

Cheers,

Tom