[arch-general] No suspend in systemd

Randy gumper1034 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 22:39:25 EST 2012

On 12/04/2012 04:31 AM, Daniel Micay wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Randy<gumper1034 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Whenever I try to suspend my system using the systemd command 'systemctl
>> suspend', it will not suspend and returns the following messages:
>>
>> Failed to issue method call: Operation not supported.
>> Failed to issue method call: Access denied.
>>
>> Any idea what could be causing this to happen?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Randy
>>

> This is caused by a broken session, which is covered well in the wiki.[1]
>
> [1]https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/General_Troubleshooting#Session_permissions

It appears that my problem was caused by the 'ACPI suspend type' not
being set correctly in the bios. I just recently reinstalled Arch to my
system and in the process of doing so my bios CMOS was cleared. When
this happened it dumped the setting for the suspend type to SI (POS).
After changing this setting to S3(STR) I am now able to suspend.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Randy