[arch-general] Unable to contact D-Bus session bus [testing]

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Dec 5 19:40:32 EST 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I downgraded immediately due to having some things to finish off. At
> that time dbus was at 1.6.8-4, now its 1.6.8-5 (just updated again as
> today I have a bit of time to debug).

Just to be clear: can you reproduce this bug with 1.6.8-5 (in [core])?

> Most likely cause I can see is (may be) the filesystem update. I have
> gshadow, shadow, group, and passwd pacnew files, but no idea how to
> merge them (should I swap the dbus IDs from the pacnew files in?).

Are you seeing a different uid/gid now compared to before? It should
always have been 81/81.

The only known issue is that in some rare circumstances you now have
to manually start dbus-launch as we no longer ship the xinitrc.d file
[0][1].

Cheers,

Tom

[0]: <http://www.mail-archive.com/arch-dev-public@archlinux.org/msg20512.html>