[arch-general] dbus update - /etc/passwd merge question

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:59:21 EST 2012

You can use vipw and vigr to safely edit the passwd and group files with
your editor of choice, and make the changes (or use the cli utilities
instead). There's no need to manually edit shadow/gshadow, you can update
them by running pwconv and grpconv which will generate them by merging
passwd with the current shadow, and group with the current gshadow.