[arch-general] Executing a command of a chroot outside of the chroot

Rodrigo Rivas rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 14:17:12 EST 2012

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Guus Snijders <gsnijders at gmail.com> wrote:

> Op 7 dec. 2012 23:46 schreef "Δημήτρης Ζέρβας" <01ttouch at gmail.com> het
> volgende:
> >
> > I think that linking won't solve my problem as I include
> > /data/workbench/mnt/lib in my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH...
>
> In  that case; isn't it enough to include /data/workbench/mnt/lib as the
> first item in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?
> I realise that my understanding of this var could be flawed.
>
> Mvg, Guus

That link should work as long as it does not clash with the real dynamic
loader. Since you are using an Android, it should not happen. In my Android
phone the dynamic loader is "/system/bin/linker" and the "/lib" directory
doesn't even exist.

AFAIK, there is no way to change the embedded dynamic linker when running
the executable directly. Maybe some trick with the "binfmt_misc" could do
the trick but I don't think it is enabled on Android.

If you really need this, you may have to resort to change every program in
the chroot for a script that does the magic needed.

Now what really intrigues me is why you want to call a chroot'ed program
from outside of the chroot...

--
Rodrigo