[arch-general] bluetooth audio adapter without playback

Nelson Marambio nelsonmarambio at gmx.de
Fri Dec 28 12:20:37 EST 2012

Am 26.12.2012 09:58, schrieb Jonathan Hudson:
> On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 21:30:24 +0100, Nelson Marambio wrote:
>> Merry Christmas to all Archer's out there ! :)
>> Sadly enough I recognized a problem with my Logitech bluetooth adapter
>> on Christmas Eve. This adapter connects my laptop with my stereo system
>> so I can use the speakers of the stereo system wireless. This has worked
>> for several months.
>> But with the last update of pulseaudio (GNOME as DE) this connection
>> broke permanently and I realized it the first time just when I wanted to
>> play some Christmas music. :( :)
>> The adapter indicates that a connection has been established, I also see
>> the bluetooth adapter in the mixer but when I start to play some music
>> again the internal laptop speaker are used for output. This is not
>> related to the question if I started the music player before or after
>> pairing with the adapter.
>> A look in /var/log/messages.log for useful messages leads me to this line:
>> moria pulseaudio[1480]: [pulseaudio] module-bluetooth-device.c: Profile
>> has no transport
>> Is this caused by this bug [1] - or not, because the description relates
>> to pa 2.99.2, and I have 3.0.2 installed ?
>> Anyone with a hint for me ?
>> Kind regards,
>> Nelson.
>> [1] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57239
> Do you have the sbc package installed?

Yes, sbc was installed already. A re-installation didn't help.

The problem could be solved in another way. After re-pairing did not 
take effect, I searched once again for the complete error message and I 
found a discussion [1] that showed the solution.

The ArchWiki [2] suggets to add in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf section 
"[General]" a line "Enable=Socket" for enabling audio-streaming. This 
options seems to cause the problems I experienced (not caused by 
pulseaudio but by bluez not cooperating completely with dbus API). In 
the beginning there were two lines in my conf: "Enable=Source" and 
"Enable=Socket". Then I removed the source-line after reading the 
article [2].

The solution is to remove "Socket" so the option is "Enable=". 
Restarting the bluetooth daemon - and the log shows just an entry for 
the succesful connection with the audio adapter.

Kind regards,

[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluez#Audio_streaming

More information about the arch-general mailing list