[arch-general] GHC 7.4.1 or HP 2011.4.0.0??

Taylor Hedberg tmhedberg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 11:30:50 EST 2012

My personal opinion as a user is that it would be nice to abandon the
Haskell Platform in favor of keeping more Haskell packages up-to-date
with the upstream. That seems more in line with the general Arch
philosophy of staying as current as possible. Also, GHC 7.4 has some
cool features that I would love to be able to use...

My understanding of the implications of this kind of decision is fairly
limited, though, so I take my own opinion with a rather large grain of
salt. :)

Also, if there's anything a normal user can do to contribute to the
upgrade effort, I'd be glad to offer my help.