[arch-general] Kernel 3.2.1 woes

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Mon Feb 6 10:50:32 EST 2012

Norbert Zeh [2012.02.06 1138 -0400]:
> Chris Cooper [2012.01.27 1649 +0000]:
> > Have you figured this out? I have an issue that is similar, that may be related.
> >
> > When using an external display, my laptop screen is no longer usable since
> > upgrading to 3.2.x from 3.1.x.
> > I've tried using xrandr to turn it on with no luck, the mouse will go off
> > the screen as if it is moved over to that display but the display will
> > not come on.
> > This problem happened right after the upgrade to 3.2.x for me.

Sorry for the previous empty message.  Accidentally pressed "Send" before typing
anything meaningful.  The update on this is:

I was too slow with bisecting the kernel on the Intel graphics issue.  Somebody
else did this already, reported the bug to LKML, and they are working on it.
Can't quite find the reference to it right now, though.

My NVIDIA issue remains even with the 3.2.4-1 kernel, while (as I said before)
3.1.9-2 works just fine.  Given that the intel graphics issue is being worked on
by kernel upstream, I'll start digging to see what I can come up with concerning
this issue.

Cheers,
Norbert