[arch-general] DPMS

P Nikolic p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 9 04:59:44 EST 2012

On Thursday 09 Feb 2012 10:54:15 Christoph Vigano wrote:
> On 02/09/2012 10:37 AM, P Nikolic wrote:
> > Morning folk
> >

> > Back to this one again   i need to find a working position for  "xset
> > -dpms"  i am getting sick and tired of every time i reboot i get the darn
> > screens turning off i hate that with vengance  if i wqnt them off i turn
> > them off simples
> >
> > So where can i put  the xset command for it to work correctly every time
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Pete .
>
> Hi Pete,
>
> you could always put settings like these into your $HOME/.xinitrc,
> that's where I have stored those settings.
>
> --
> Christoph
> AUR, IRC: kritztopf
> BBS, Github: kritter

Hi Christoph

I have tried in there it just gets ignored i know in the suse world i used to
put it there  but cant get it to behave on Arch which is a pity because  Arch
is far better in almost every other way ..

Pete .

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.2.5-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 7 08:34:36 CET 2012 x86_64
AMD Phenom(tm) 9600B Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux