[arch-general] update to cups 1.5.2 - test print OK, but nothing else prints - jobs just sit in que until canceled

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Feb 10 15:41:52 EST 2012

On 02/10/2012 02:05 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys,
>
>   Cups 1.5.2 update caused all user submitted jobs to stick in que and not
> print.

I'm not convinced this is cups. I just downgraded to 1.5.0 and I still get the
same behavior and I was printing before this last set of updated.  Here is
another bit of information. When the user submits the job, it shows up on the
cups 'jobs' list on the server. It just sits there. If I cancel the job on the
server, then the client computer job also clears. So the jobs are getting from
the client to the server and the client-server can communicate fine, the problem
is the job just sits on the server.

As mentioned before, if I print a test page from the cups interface on the
server, it prints fine, so cups on the server can talk to the printer. I can't
figure out what the hold up is. Any ideas? It must be some package that cups
depends on that is broken, because cups behavior looks OK. I'll keep digging -
any thoughts that will shorten the dig are welcomed :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.