[arch-general] update to cups 1.5.2 - test print OK, but nothing else prints - jobs just sit in que until canceled

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Feb 11 13:44:11 EST 2012

On 02/10/2012 10:48 PM, r8 wrote:
> Did you restart cups or reboot?  I also had the update but no problem
> printing.  But I stay away from KDE.

Thanks,

  Yes, I had restarted cupsd on each box and rebooted each box and I still have
the same problem. I have cleared the print que on both client and server and
restarted cupsd again - same issue. I am using the following cupsd.conf on the
server - the client box uses the default cupsd.conf:

ServerName myhost.mydomain.com
ServerAdmin me at mydomain.com
ServerAlias myhost
ServerAlias www.mydomain.com
ServerAlias localhost
ServerAlias *
Port 631
LogLevel warn
HostNameLookups Off
Timeout 180
PreserveJobFiles Yes
PreserveJobHistory Yes
DefaultPaperSize Letter
SystemGroup sys root wheel
Listen localhost:631
Listen myhost.mydomain.com:631
Listen myhost:631
Listen www.mydomain.com:631
Listen 192.168.6.17:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow all
BrowseLocalProtocols CUPS
BrowseRemoteProtocols CUPS
BrowseAddress @LOCAL
DefaultAuthType Basic
<Location />
    Satisfy any
  Order allow,deny
    Allow @LOCAL
    Allow 192.168.6.102
</Location>
<Location /admin>
    Satisfy any
  Order allow,deny
    Allow @LOCAL
    Allow 192.168.6.102
</Location>
<Location /admin/conf>
  AuthType Default
  Require user @SYSTEM
  Order allow,deny
    Satisfy any
    Allow @LOCAL
    Allow 192.168.6.102
</Location>
<snip default stuff>

  I can't see any problems there. Anything look suspicious? Thanks for any ideas.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.