[arch-general] boot hangs on hal load after updates today.

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:52:45 EST 2012

All,

   Strange behavior on boot with both standard and LTS kernels. After updates
  today. Boot hangs on hal load when encountered in DAEMONS line of rc.conf.
hal IS started, but boot hangs with both the normal kernel and LTS. This
behavior is confirmed when starting hal manually. This occurs with both the
old hal 0.5.14-6 and version 0.5.14-7 from aur.

   This stops the boot process dead in its tracks requiring a ctrl+alt+del to
kill the hang. I had to boot to 'single' user mode to bring my box up enough
to remove hal from the daemons line. Any ideas which package may be causing
this? I know hal is on the way out, but it is needed currently for development
of Trinity.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.