[arch-general] Invisible GNOME 3 Icons

Ankur Sethi get.me.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 01:29:10 EST 2012

Hi,

I use Arch with GNOME 3 on a Dell Vostro 1520 (late 2009). This machine comes
with an nVidia 9300M GS GPU. I'm using the proprietary nVidia drivers.

After a recent update, all the icons from my GNOME 3 top bar have become
invisible. My login screen picture has also become invisible. When I say
"invisible", I mean I can click them all right, but I can't see them.

These screenshots will explain more:

     * http://imagebin.org/198830
     * http://imagebin.org/198831

What's worse, some of the GTK+ UI elements have also become invisible. Here's
what my System Settings app looks like:

     * http://imagebin.org/198832

As you can see, the checkboxes and slider handles are invisible.

Does anyone know what might have caused this? How can I fix this?

--
Ankur Sethi