[arch-general] Waiting for UDev uevents to be processed [BUSY]

Rob Lewis rrl125 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:45:54 EST 2012

I am running into an issue I have never really run into in the past with my
current laptop. Upon installing arch linux I reboot and face the following
issue which hangs forever during the bot process:

Waiting for UDev uevents to be processed [BUSY]

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad W520 with NVidia Optimus and I enabled NVidia
Discrete mode in the BIOS. I cannot boot into my system after installation,
however sometimes it will skip by this error and I will lose all keyboard
input and cannot login as a result. My workaround for the moment is to put
the BIOS into Optimus mode (Intel and NVidia cards are enabled) and use the
Intel video driver. I have tried nomodeset during the boot process but no
luck. Googling the problem i find most people get a timeout after 30
seconds to find out what is causing the problem, but my system hangs
forever.

Is anyone else running into this issue or experienced enough to help me
find out what the problem is? I have been running Arch since August 2011
with no issues up until now.

Any help is appreciated,
  -Rob