[arch-general] Cannot upgrade.

gt codered12 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:56:40 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:48:57PM +0530, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
> On 02/14/12 at 11:49pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > The pacman upgrade didn't cause trouble here. When I run pacman -Syu the
> > first time, only pacman was shown. Directly after installing it I run
> > pacman -Syu again and there where 5 targets.
> >
> > # ntpdate ntp.favey.ch
> > 14 Feb 23:34:30
> > # pacman -Syu
> > :: Synchronizing package databases...
> >  core
> >  extra
> >  community
> >  multilib
> >  archaudio-production is up to date
> >  archaudio-preview is up to date
> >  kxstudio-free
> >  kxstudio-free is up to date
> >  kxstudio-non-fre
> >  kxstudio-non-free is up to date
> >  arch-fonts is up to date
> >  archaudio-nightly is up to date
> >  archaudio-experimental is up to date
> Dude, what are these extra repos for? Can you tell me how to include them in my
> pacman.conf?
> Thanks.

Well if you want lesser headaches, avoid 3rd party repos. Read wonder's
post here:

http://archlinux.me/wonder/2012/02/13/how-to-increase-the-stability-of-your-system/

(especially the 3rd point)

But if you still insist, here is a list:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unofficial_User_Repositories