[arch-general] problem installing octave

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Feb 16 18:05:51 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 04:12:47PM -0600, Leonid Isaev wrote:

> Simply put there are 2 pkg trees: in the official repos and on your system.
> They are supposed to be in-sync -- that's what pacman -Sy does. pacman -S
> fetches pkg according to YOUR tree. Over time the sync is lost, so YOUR tree
> may have nothing in common with the repo (e.g. some packages may not even
> exist anymore).

Apperently just expecting people to read a post before replying is
asking too much. I did a 'pacman -Sy' before anything else. It would
really help if the Arch gods would *read* and *try to understand* a
request for help on this list before emitting the usual automated
response.

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.