[arch-general] An empty /etc/crontab file maybe needed bo be add in to package filesystem.

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sat Feb 18 01:59:27 EST 2012

Am Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:25:54 +0800
schrieb 郑文辉(Techlive Zheng) <techlivezheng at gmail.com>:

> Due to cronie doesn't contain an /etc/crontab anymore, there are losts
> of msgs of missing crontab as shown below in errors.log.
>
> > /usr/sbin/crond[1236]: (root) CAN'T OPEN (/etc/crontab): No such
> > file or directory

Such an empty /etc/crontab would belong into the package cronie and not
into the package filesystem. It's cronie specific since fcron, which I
use, doesn't need and provide one. The corresponding, but also not
necessary file for fcron would be /etc/fcrontab. And I'm not sure if
such an empty /etc/crontab would affect fcron.

If cronie doesn't provide an empty /etc/crontab and doesn't run
without it, it is a bug in cronie.

Heiko