[arch-general] How to set grub2 resolution to 1366x768

Thomas Courbon thcourbon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 08:10:18 EST 2012

Hi,

I have a Sandy bridge based laptop (Asus Zenbook UX31e) and I use GRUB2 as
my bootloader. I'm not at home and can't check that, but I didn't had to do
any "insmod i915whatever" command line magic. I assume that you already
tried to use the "auto" parameter instead of an hard-set resolution and
that didn't change anything.

I guess that your BIOS may not repport correctly the resolution supported
by the X220 pannel. Is your BIOS up-to-date ?

Cheers !
Thomas