[arch-general] How to set grub2 resolution to 1366x768

Bill Sun cap.sensitive at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:21:24 EST 2012

Hi,

@Keshav P R:
I tried:
    set gfxmode="1366x768;auto"
It didn't give me a 1366x768 console; instead, grub2 just gave me a
1024x768 console.

@Thomas Courbon:
Yes, I just tried the 'auto' parameter, and, indeed, it didn't change
anything.
I just update my BIOS to the latest version---1.2.6, and it didn't
change anything. Maybe It's my BIOS's fault.

@Ralf Mardorf:
According to `vbeinfo` under grub2, the maximum resolution my laptop (or
my laptop's BIOS, I have no idea about this) supports is 1024x768.
However, in Linux, I got a 1366x768 console by default (without further
configuration). That's why I am thinking about insert some modules into
grub2 and it may give me a proper console resolution.

Regards,
Bill