[arch-general] moving away from gnome

Tasos Latsas tlatsas2000 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 19:41:28 EST 2012

On 25/02/12 21:07, Andrea Crotti wrote:
[...]
> I would also like to try xmonad finally, but I've never been able to
> configure it yet.  I have an ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs file (the default one
> copied) that compiles perfectly, but if I try a startx the screen just
> stays blank, without logging any error in the Xorg.0.log.
>
> Any idea of what it could be?

FYI from the Xmonad FAQ [1]:

"XMonad is a minimal window manager, meaning it doesn't set a
background, start a status bar, display a splash screen or play a
soothing sound effect when it starts up."

See [2][3] for more info on how to configure it.

[1] http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Frequently_asked_questions
[2] http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad
[3] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xmonad

--