[arch-general] pacman -Qdt

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 16:14:07 EST 2012

On 02/26/2012 07:57 PM, rafael ff1 wrote:
> 2012/2/26 Andrea Crotti<andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>:
>> Well I just installed them as dependencies from
>> yaourt -S python2-tinkerer
>> and if they are installed as dependencies of something which is still
>> installed, they should not
>> be marked as orphans, right?
> Run "yaourt -Qi python2-tinkerer" and confirm that python2-sphinx is
> listed in "Depends On".
>
> p.s.: Orphan is a package without maintainer, so it's not related.

Yes orphan was not the right word sorry, what is the right word then?
Anyway I realized I'm an idiot, because I
- installed tinkerer from aur
- realized that I wanted to contribute so I forked the project and cloned it
- uninstalled tinkerer from the system (but with my own copy installed
outside of pacman)

So pacman -Qdt was perfectly right :)
Only one note, now I tried to just reinstall python2-sphinx, and in my
opinion if I install it manually
the "Install reason" should change to "Explicitly installed", doesn't it
make sense?

I can still use pacman -D sure, but in theory if I explicitly install
something it's reason should also change..