[arch-general] Terrible flash performance

Vladimir Nikšić vniksic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 07:58:23 EST 2012

I have an ongoing problem with flash performance. I tried installing
flashplugin-11.1.102.55-1 from the pacman repositories. The videos on
youtube for example, works fine as long as I don't turn on fullscreen.
The video gets really choppy and the CPU usage spikes to 100% (one
core). I have a Core2Duo on 2ghz. A couple of months ago I switched from
Ubuntu where youtube was working essentially flawlessly, fullscreen or not.

The same issue occurs on manually downloaded the latest 64bit
libflashplayer.so from adobe's site. Does anyone have similar issues? I
also have an Nvidia card which unfortunately does not support GPU
acceleration.