[arch-general] Battery question about a Firmware Bug in logs.

Don Juan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 23:20:40 EST 2012

I am running Arch on a Toshiba Qosmio x505-q887. I have tried everything
I can find online and in the wikis in setting things up but no matter
what I have tried I can not get rid of the message in the logs, though
my battery life seems semi reasonable, roughly 1.75hrs on average so far
with not much tweaking being done to help extend.

Error:
[Firmware Bug]: battery: (dis)charge rate invalid.

Is this something I should be worried about? Will it screw up my battery
in charging and use right now as is? I am not really finding much online
in relation to this actual error in the logs. Mostly its people saying
that the logs report that the discharge rate is 0% and mine just says
discharging and gives no rate or anything.

I am fully updated currently, not on testing repos. I also do get 2
other messages in the logs that I am not sure if they are related.

[Firmware Bug]: ACPI: BIOS _OSI(Linux) query ignored
 From what I read and understand online, is this is of no real concern
and I don't need to worry about it. Is this correct in my thinking and
understanding?

PCI: Using host bridge windows from ACPI; if necessary, use "pci=nocrs"
and report a bug.
I have tried doing what it says in the Kernel boot args but it just
gives me the same message but saying to do the reverse and use pci=crs.
I have not looked much into this one, but don't want to leave out
something that may be causing what I am asking.

I can send any configs if needed

Thanks for anyone's time and effort in helping.