[arch-general] Newbies in Arch [WAS: Suspend seems not to work with nVidia Nouveau driver]

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Wed Jan 4 11:14:19 EST 2012

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 03:25:40 -0500
Jonathan Vasquez <jvasquez1011 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Just because a person didn't go to
> medical school, doesn't mean that they can research and learn anything
> in the field of medicine. That logic is ridiculous, and as we have and
> will experience in our lives, applies towards other areas of life.
>
> Those are my worthless cents as well I suppose :).

Please understand that what you are talking about is not research, but an
accumulation of information==noise from dumb bloggers.

What they teach in medschool is to use your brain, not the collective
knowledge. If you are so confident in your self-diagnosis, just talk to the
doctor and let him challenge your reasoning -- you'll see that even if your
conclusion was correct, this was a shear luck.

Wikipedia may be good for trivial things (diagnosing a running nose in your
terms) or reading about the comparison between email clients, but is
completely misleading in more sophisiticated problems. This is because people
who could actually improve it are way to busy / don't care to do so.

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key ID: 164B5A6D