[arch-general] System a bit broken pacman -Syu exists in filesystem

Lars Madson rwx700 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:58:50 EST 2012

Well, the problem is actually caused by the /usr folder cause it's common
to the old and recent /opt /var. So the old feel unsync with this too
recent /usr folder and create conflict cause all the files are already
there.

The /opt /var will be simply updated if I understand right as the pacman
database is in /var, isn't it? So the database is also old.

The HDD is dead.  I will rely only on the SSD till I get that second hard
drive box for laptop. I definitely hate cheap hdd external box, killed so
many.

So I will use the --force just for this special occasion, so glad that
option exists.
Nothing has to be force with arch as it's so slick :P

thank you