[arch-general] Battery question about a Firmware Bug in logs.

Don Juan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 18:53:54 EST 2012

On 01/04/2012 03:43 PM, Jason Melton wrote:
> I don't know that it is directly relevant, but I have a Toshiba Qosimo
> X505-Q830, and I get (when plugged in and fully charged):
>
> [✍]  /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1 $ cat uevent
>

> POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=BAT1
> POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=Full
> POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1
> POWER_SUPPLY_TECHNOLOGY=Li-ion
> POWER_SUPPLY_CYCLE_COUNT=0
> POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MIN_DESIGN=12500000
> POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=12500000
> POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=0
> POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL_DESIGN=8000000
> POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL=7245000
> POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_NOW=7245000
> POWER_SUPPLY_MODEL_NAME=NS2P3SZNJ5WR
> POWER_SUPPLY_MANUFACTURER=SANYO
> POWER_SUPPLY_SERIAL_NUMBER=134
>
> And in everything.log I get:
>
> kernel: [    6.705931] [Firmware Bug]: battery: (dis)charge rate invalid.
> kernel: [    6.705993] ACPI: Battery Slot [BAT1] (battery present)
>
> I don't currently pass any ACPI parameters to my boot.
>
> Just a point of comparison.
do you know if changing the numbers in say VOLTAGE_NOW to match min on
mine would do anything? I know I can just try but is there something bad
that could happen? At least you have the same kernel message as me and
basically the same laptop as me. I wish I could get mine to charge that
close to full again while using Arch.

Thanks for posting that though makes me feel better