[arch-general] Newbies in Arch [WAS: Suspend seems not to work with nVidia Nouveau driver]

Jonathan Vasquez jvasquez1011 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:11:43 EST 2012

On Jan 4, 2012 6:26 PM, "Peter Lewis" <plewis at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 Jan 2012 16:16:45 Jonathan Vasquez wrote:
> > > Never said the entire community was a democracy, I did say thought
> > > that like a democracy people vote for the packages to be included.
> > > You are right, that the Trusted Users have the final say on what
> > > packages get included, I never said otherwise. We obviously can't let
> > > everyone in the community have read/write access to the community
> > > repo, but the packages that the community members voted for in the
AUR,
> > > are being looked at by the Trusted Users. That's not a problem to me,
and
> > > if anything is a sign of a Representative Democracy. In the AUR aspect
> > > specifically.
> >
> > Hitler was also chosen because of his intelligence and other
> > credentials. How does this relate? Just because a person is elected
> > because of "perceived" credentials that you can obviously prove that
> > they have, does not mean that the person will continue to act in that
> > fashion. Hopefully they will.
>
> 24+ messages in a thread which itself is a split from its original. Nice
> see that Godwin's Law [1] still applies on "proper" mailing lists in 2012
;-)

> Happy new year folks!
>
> Pete.
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Lol Pete. I was actually speaking to Ross about this law when he brought it
to my attention. I didn't even know it existed and I normally tend to
refrain from bringing Hitler into a conversion. Maybe I should have brought
a politician that always promises things, but once elected changes his
views and attitudes.

Happy new year as well.