[arch-general] linux-api-headers in core is 3.1.5 while linux is 3.1.6

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Jan 5 10:26:02 EST 2012

Am 05.01.2012 16:01, schrieb Alex Ferrando:
> Right now I've noticed the following:
>
> linux-api-headers 3.1.6-1
> linux 3.1.7-1
>
> Maybe is my little understanding of the situation, but isn't
> linux-api-headers behind what it (appears to me that it) should be?
>
> I apologize in advance if the question turns to be dumb or something
> like that.

The linux-api-headers package is entirely unrelated to the running or
installed kernel. It contains the headers that give glibc the API to the
Linux kernel, and must never (NEVER NEVER NEVER) be different from the
version that glibc was built against.

Please, someone give me a cent for every time this question is asked.