[arch-general] PKGBUILD question

Don Juan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 22:41:32 EST 2012

I am trying to update a AUR pkgbuild I found and the source file when I
download it has a - in the file name

name_2.0.1-beta1

I figure out using ${pkgver//_/-} converts it properly when listing it
as name_2.0.1_beta1.

The problem I have run into and can not seem to find info about or
something I have ever run into is that it seems bsdtar when extracting
is making the name as name_2.0.1-BETA1 and not making it
name_2.0.1-beta1 and makepkg fails saying it can not find the proper
file of name_2.0.1-beta1.

I have it as so in my PKGBUILD
package() {
      cd ${srcdir}/${pkgname}_${pkgver//_/-}

also as
     cd ${srcdir}/${pkgname}_${pkgver}

the tarball being downloaded converts properly and dl's fine, it just
seems to be in the next step for package, unless I just really am not
grasping this yet. If so feel free to say I need to read more. But I
think its something easy I am just looking over.

Thank you for any time and help understanding this.