[arch-general] 3 errors not sure of .

Peter Nikolic p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 8 03:25:59 EST 2012

On Sunday 08 January 2012 02:46:54 Martti Kühne wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 04:14:46PM +0200, Ionut Biru wrote:
> > > on startup of KDM i get the following
> > > Warning cannot open ConsoleKit Session: Unable to open session :Failed
> > > to connect /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket : no such directory
> >
> > add dbus to DAEMONS in rc.conf
>
> Hey Peter, I had similar issues with running dbus very late after logging
> in. Sometimes it manages to start itself with no error, but it is
> evidentially better to have it run with bootscripts through rc.conf.
>
> Just my two cents, because you didn't seem to respond to this particular
> suggestion.
>
> cheers!
> mar77i

Hi  mar77i

Yep sorted   , Just another one of those things that make you go HUmmmmmmmmm
biggest problem now is this silly new email  address book and organiser think
and the FAILED attempt to make them use a commom data source     , Dunno what
the KDE devs were day dreaming of when they came up with that one  it's a
complete disgrace

Pete .