[arch-general] 3 errors not sure of .

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 04:30:03 EST 2012

On Sunday 08 Jan 2012 08:53:38 Peter Nikolic wrote:
> The bulk of KDE is great no problems but this mail addresbook and organizer
> thing  the main things i need is  disguting it should never have been
> released like that .

Words like "disgusting" are harsh, and I don't like to hear them in reference
to the effort that the KDE devs have put into their work.

Having said that, there clearly have been teething problems with Akonadi.
That's because it's a very new technology, and indeed a new idea that you
won't find elsewhere.  You could argue that they shouldn't have released the
new version of Kontact so soon, but they simply had to.  How else would the
bug reports come in?  There was the same problem with KDE 4.0; it was majorly
buggy, but they had no choice.

It's worth noting when I switched to the new Kontact (which relies on
Akonadi), I did have a few rough days, but things have certainly settled down,
and it's been pretty stable for me for months now.  If you're having trouble
with Kontact, I may be able to offer some suggestions for workarounds or fixes.
It's mostly corner-cases that are causing issues now, I think.

Paul