[arch-general] setting the time

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sun Jan 8 12:27:21 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Peter Lewis <plewis at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
>> This is done via policykit.
>
> Would I need some optdepend installed or some daemon started to make this
> work? I notice that I have polkit-qt installed, but I don't think I've ever
> done anything explicit with regard to policykit. I'm in the wheel group, in
> case that matters.

No particular group membership necessary. I'm not really sure exactly
what packages need to be installed (I just install all the kde
packages and hope for the best).

This should "just work(TM)". If it does not there could be a
polkit/consolekit problem. If you use kdm (via the rc script)
everything should be set up correctly, so if you are starting KDE in
some other way that might be worth looking into.

> I'm running [testing] on this machine. Perhaps that could cause the
> difference?

I think this should work regardless, but for what it is worth I am
using kde-unstable + testing.

-t