[arch-general] PKGBUILD question

Don Juan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 16:22:00 EST 2012

On 01/07/2012 04:42 AM, Corrado Primier wrote:
> 2012/1/7 Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org>:
>> I'd just go for something like this:
>>
>> _pkgver=2.0.1-BETA1
>> pkgver=2.0.1beta1
>>
>> No need for all that fancy stuff...
> I'd go for that too. But I find these little challenges very funny,
> and I wondered if it was possible without adding another variable :)
>
> bardo
Thanks for more input on this, went scuba diving yesterday and came home
to more nice tips for to use and learn about.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post more about this.

I stuck with Corrado's way. Now the PKGBUILD is fine and works like I
expect. Just need to try installing it here shortly and see if all my
changes and patches worked.

DJ