[arch-general] Chromium KDE4 optional dependencies

Chris Sakalis chrissakalis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 06:13:09 EST 2012

Hello everyone.
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if this is actually
worth posting.

I am using KDE4 (4.7.4-1) and Chromium 16, which added support for the native
KDE file dialog. I think that 'kdebase-kdialog' should be added as an optional
dependency, because without it, the file chooser does not work. No error message
is displayed, but on my desktop computer the file chooser was broken (it simply
would not appear) until I installed the 'kdebase-kdialog' package.

I also tried removing the package on my laptop and it did broke the
file chooser in
Chromium. I didn't even have to restart Chromium for the changes to take effect.

Thank you,
Chris Sakalis