[arch-general] Email via mutt+offlineimap+msmtp

gt codered12 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:56:14 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 05:14:13PM +0200, Mantas M. wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 08:33:36AM -0500, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
> > Pardon me for jumping in here, but if mutt isn't smart enough to
> > automatically use In-Reply-To: and/or References: headers on replies? Or
> > likes to add extra Re: (IE: Re: Re: Re:) to the subject header line?
> > {All of which is news to me BTW...} Then I gotta ask, "why use it?"
>
> It *does* add In-Reply-To and References by default. It does *not* add extra "Re:"s if one is already present. (It *does*, however, add "Re:" if it has not been added yet; *all* mail programs do that.)

+1

Also, @ Joe Philbrook

Firstly, Alpine isn't maintained anymore.

Secondly, mutt is much more configurable and more help is available for
it on the net.

Before using mutt, i had tried alpine, but didn't like it much (mainly
because text based mail interfaces were new and strange to me, due to
switching from gmail's interface). But, then i found that it wasn't
being developed anymore, and i don't like to use outdated software,
especially which require interaction with the internet.

Configuring mutt was a pain, but well worth it.