[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] ChangeLog usage ..

Seblu seblu at seblu.net
Fri Jan 13 13:44:31 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Lukas Fleischer
<archlinux at cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 11:49:39AM -0300, Angel Velásquez wrote:
> I'm all for writing useful (and detailed, if necessary) commit messages
> instead of writing ChangeLog entries. We use a VCS for some reason.
> Using proper commit messages makes changes damn easy to follow without
> having to maintain these inconvenient ChangeLog files.
It's more easy to read a human changelog, (shipped with packages which
don't needs to connect to archlinux.org), than developer oriented
commits.
We can make the synthesis of several commit in the changelog to make
it more understandable. And still try to make atomic commits.

In addition separates VCS message and package history, let's it
independant from vcs tools (svn/git/hg) we choose at a time.
--
Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net