[arch-general] Mouse C&P not working

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 14 04:28:02 EST 2012

On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 08:58 +0000, Peter Nikolic wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> another little glitch  i use an "Logitech Marble Mouse" Trackball but since
> installing Arch i have been unable to get the  C&P working at all well  , the
> only way i can get anything like is to copy to the clipboard switch app then
> paste from clipboard  .
>
> I am used to just grabing with the mouse and pasting straight to the relevent
> place without the un wanted extra steps  i believe it need an mouse section in
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d   but cant find any info on creating one   any help please

Hi Pete :)

for my Arch, using Xfce, C&P using the mouse wheel button is working by
default. There are no settings for xorg.conf on my machine.

FWIW the xorg.conf entries might be

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
        Option          "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I guess to enable this you first need to install the package
xf86-input-mouse.

Hth,

Ralf