[arch-general] Mouse C&P not working

Qadri Muhammad.A.Qadri at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 18:46:12 EST 2012

> I am used to just grabing with the mouse and pasting straight to the
> relevent
> place without the un wanted extra steps  i believe it need an mouse
> section in
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d   but cant find any info on creating one   any help
> please

Did you check out https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Logitech_Marble_Mouse?

If nothing there helps, perhaps you should check out the results of
clicking with xev to make sure the assumed commands are being sent.

ButtonPress event, serial 37, synthetic NO, window 0x2600001,
    root 0x15e, subw 0x0, time 7374878, (85,87), root:(928,197),
    state 0x0, button 1, same_screen YES

I get button 1 for the left button, 3 for the right, and 2 for the emulated
middle click (off a laptop's mousepad buttons).

MAQ.