[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] backup strategy for our servers

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Sun Jan 15 00:29:26 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 18:06, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 15/01/12 06:05, Ionut Biru wrote:
> >
> > For that we need at least to rent a new server just for this job, maybe
> > an atom server with lots of space.
> >

> Don't we have an unused server tagged for backups already?
>
> Allan
>
> Since I'm unable to post to the dev list I'll put this here. Before you
rent an atom server I have an MSI atom (IIRC it's an atom 270) board with 1
gig of memory, dual lan ports, dvi, vga, and 4 usb ports. It doesn't have
any hard drives but would hold 5 hard drives. I'll have to check my power
supply stock to see what I've got and test the board. It's been sitting in
the closet for a while. If you're interested I'll check it out and the
price is right -- trust me. Working as it sits with no power or drives
paying for the shipping will get the box.

Myra