[arch-general] xf86-video-nv question

Don Juan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 01:32:37 EST 2012

Does anyone know how to control the nvidia fan when using this driver?
Its the only thing I am not able to figure out and my video card starts
getting really hot after a bit. I have tried sensors and it does not
detect anything(fan related). I also did the pci prog, cant remember the
name off hand not on my arch box right now. I know the CPU fans are GPIO
fans, does that mean the nvidia one is as well and I can not control it?
Keeping it on a cooling pad keeps things cool enough, but I would really
prefer to keep using this driver for the time being with all the Xorg
issues with the proprietary drivers, and I honestly think the nouveau
ones are worse than the proprietary, NV has never let me down minus the
heat issue on this one laptop.

Card: GeForce 360m

Thanks for your time