[arch-general] xf86-video-nv question

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 15 05:46:26 EST 2012

On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 22:32 -0800, Don Juan wrote:
> Does anyone know how to control the nvidia fan when using this driver?
> [snip] Card: GeForce 360m

Fortunately my graphics is passive. Regarding to your issue I did some
research on German. I didn't find how to solve your issue, but I read a
report that the fan for this integrated laptop graphics is known as
loud. 44dB for averaged usage and heavy usage. 35 dB when just watching
a video from DVD, this should be as loud as the ticking of an (old?)
alarmer.

Regards,

Ralf