[arch-general] Upgrading from Don't Panic Fresh Install

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Jan 15 15:48:56 EST 2012

Am 15.01.2012 21:35, schrieb Thomas  Misilo:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there are any mirrors out there that still support
> upgrading from Don't Panic? As it seems the directory structure has
> changed a lot.
>
> Before you ask WTF, I just want to say that this is the only version
> of the ISO I have found that actually boots the installer and doesn't
> panic.  (Due to only have 256MB of ram)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

There is really no easy way to update from such an old system. You will
run into all kinds of problems. Not only did the repo layout, pacman
itself or the package compression change. You might also have problems
running our new packages which require a newer kernel etc..

In short: It's not worth trying.

Better: Tell us why the most recent ISO wont work for you. Afaik you
can even install arch with just 64MB of RAM; even though such a system
wont be of much use these days.

Greetings,

Pierre

--