[arch-general] Screen blanking

Peter G Nikolic p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 17 05:16:11 EST 2012

Hi all

just a quick one this time hopefully   :-) ..  (he says)

where is the best place to put " xset -dpms"   i do not want anything telling
me when to turn the monitors off when i want them off i will turn them off

At the moment the method i am using to start kde up is

come up in init 3   login as root   then run kdm and login as my normal user .
I am going in that way as i still have a few Motherboard  problems  here cant
replace it till next month

Cheers  Pete .