[arch-general] Upgrading from Don't Panic Fresh Install

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:19:38 EST 2012

On 15-01-12 22:05, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 15.01.2012 21:48, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
>> In short: It's not worth trying.
>
> Agreed. I consider this impossible without a lot of time and intimite
> knowledge of the various problems that will occur. Actually, the only
> way I can imagine is booting a recent image and upgrading from there.

Just being curious here, but wouldn't that scenario be exactly the same
as installing Arch from another distro?

Ok, it does take some effort (like downloading the correct static pacman
and using the correct parameters), but other than that....

That being said; it's been a long time since i last installed ArchLinux,
so i may be way off.

Rolling release rocks!

mvg,
   Guus