[arch-general] tp_smapi - LENOVO g470

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Thu Jan 19 13:09:00 EST 2012

On do, 2012-01-19 at 14:59 -0300, Paulo Roberto P. Evangelista wrote:
> Yes, i did it
> Atts,
>
> Paulo Roberto
>
> <some shit that doesn't belong here>
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 12:43 -0300, Paulo Roberto P. Evangelista wrote:
> >> Yes,
> >> I'm sure this pacman -U
> >>
> >> Atts,
> >>
> >> Paulo Roberto
> >>
> >> AVISO LEGAL
> > <snip>
> >>
> >> LEGAL ADVICE
> > <snip>
> >
> > Please, when you mail to this list, why do you insert this stupid legal
> > statement? You're mailing to a public mailinglist that is put into a
> > public archive which is indexed by google.
> > Also, please don't top-post, bottom-posting is standard in mailinglist
> > conversations.
> >
> > Anyways, to get back on your question: when you modprobe the module, it
> > says "no such device". That means that the driver is either not suitable
> > for your hardware, or the driver doesn't support your hardware (yet).
> > Try to find out by reading "dmesg | tail" output instead of looking for
> > missing files. Some modules require extra options for this to work.

So, you did what? You didn't read the message at all, because you're
still top-posting and you're still including 100 lines of bullshit in
every mail you send to this list.
Anyways, dmesg | tail should contain enough pointers to your solution,
but as you didn't share the output of that with us, we can't help you.