[arch-general] Help needed to find a system/graphics related bug in my Music Notation Editor. (Little time and effort for you)

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Thu Jan 19 17:19:20 EST 2012

Nils wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I hope this is not offtopic and I hope to find help here because Archlinux has python3 as default python.
>
> I have a software, a Music Notation Editor,  here that can start in a one-liner and I need to find a bug that only occurs on some systems.
>
> git clone git://github.com/nilsgey/Laborejo.git && cd Laborejo && ./laborejo-qt.sh
>
> This will download and run my software Laborejo as normal user without installing anything. The only modifications to your system are new dir .laborejo in your home directory and the downloaded files via git. The only dependency is pyqt and git to download it
>
> You will see 5 lines and a symbol. The symbol must be perfectly alingned within the five lines (one pixel above can be tolerated). It should look like this: http://www.wargsang.de/pyqt-bug-report.jpg
> Do you see that symbol shifted up or down or is it correct?
>
> Could you please answer me with the following information attached: Your graphic driver (type ("ati, nvidia, intel" etc. and closed or open source?) and desktop enviroment/window manager (Gnome, KDE, xfce, i3 etc.). If you want to add more information like qt version or X-Server it would be nice as well. Everything display related helps:
> I believe closed nvidia drivers will shift the symbol. I tested it myself on ati and intel graphics, both 32 and 64 bit and it looked good, both on Linux and Windows. Other users with ati and intel GPU's had no problem. But two persons with an nvidia card had the wrong display.
>
> It would be very nice to hear from you!
>
> Nils
> http://www.laborejo.org
>
> *The only modifications to your system are new dir .laborejo in your home directory and the downloaded files via git.

	Shifted up (and so are the note heads if I add some notes to the
score). ATI Radeon HD 4350 with the open-source drivers and Awesome
WM on a 64 bits box.

Package versions
----------------

extra/python 3.2.2-2
extra/pyqt 4.9-2
extra/python2 2.7.2-4
extra/python2-pyqt 4.9-2
extra/xf86-video-ati 6.14.3-1
extra/xorg-server 1.11.3-1
archlinuxfr/awesome 3.4.11-3

uname -a
--------

Linux xxxx 3.1.9-2-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 14 09:11:37 CET 2012
x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ AuthenticAMD
GNU/Linux

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr