[arch-general] FS#28008 - Bypass screensaver/locker program on xorg 1.11 and up

David J. Haines dhaines at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 07:53:29 EST 2012

http://gu1.aeroxteam.fr/2012/01/19/bypass-screensaver-locker-program-xorg-111-and-up

> >> IMO, it's not an X.Org or configuration bug, it's a bug in all the
> >> screen lockers.
> >>
> >> http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2012/q1/217
> >>
> >> --
> >> Tavian Barnes
> >
> > No Happy Hacking Keyboard (1996 IBM Model M, baby!), but I do use a
> > custom keyboard layout that allows me to type international letters
> > and switch entirely to a phonetic Cyrillic layout.
>
> Please check if your custom layout contains the string "XF86_ClearGrab"
> (maybe also without the underscore) and if yes, replace it with
> "NoSymbol". Don't forget to reload it afterwards.
>
> --
> Florian Pritz

I will be sure to do that, but that does seem only to address the symptom
and not the underlying sickness. As I intimated earlier, this is most
likely an issue for the app (or more precisely screen locking app) writers.

Thanks for what looks to be a great intirim solution!