[arch-general] Intel AES-NI instructions error

Don Juan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 18:02:03 EST 2012

I just noticed today after a fresh reboot that whenever my laptop
connects now wirelessly, I get a new message in dmesg saying:
Intel AES-NI instructions are not detected.

Figuring was a bad boot or something along those lines I tried a couple
more reboots, to no avail. It is still mentioning this once I connect to
wifi, does not show up if I just leave the machine running not
wirelessly connected.

 From what I read online nothing seems to be relating to wifi, most
things I have read is to attach quiet to the boot commands and that
would solve it, well I already have quiet and it does not show up during
boot its only once the wifi card is used. I could not find anything that
appeared to be similar or related. Does anyone know why this error is
now showing up? Everything is updated right before I rebooted the last
time, the only things that changed today for me were gnutils and another
x-keyboard config update. Should I be worried about this or?

Thanks for any help and info